Europe | France @ Eurosonic 2021 (January 13-16)
- Professional event
- Le Bureau Export
- Popular music
Celebrating its 35th edition with a 100% online program, Eurosonic Noorderslag is kicking off this Friday, January 8th!
European Music Week
From January 8 to 12 will take place the first edition of European Music Week. A campaign to celebrate European music across the world, European Music Week will be a call to support and promote new talents but also to highlight the rich history of European music.
As Robert Meijerink, head of programme at ESNS, says: “In the past year a lot of artists missed the opportunity to play live and had a hard time to reach their potential audience. The European Music Week is a perfect way to give them the spotlight.”
ESNS will host a webseries presenting some of the artists that performed at ESNS20, and a wide range of partners across the globe will be celebrating European music, sharing their content with the hashtag #europeanmusicweek.
Current partners include, amongst others: EBU stations across Europe (BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 6 Music, NPO 3FM, BNR, ARD, RAI RADIO 2, RTÉ 2FM, LRT Opus, LUERSL 100.7, SRF, RTS, RADIO BELGRADE ONE, ERR Raadio 2), but also Spotify, Deezer, KEXP, Vice, European festivals, venues and other outlets.
Made in France showcases line-up
From January 13 to 16, the festival will present over 180 acts from 36 European countries. Each 15-minute video showcase will be broadcast and made available everywhere in the world completely free via the festival platform ESNS.nl, on various channels (CET).
Check out the made in France artists selection!
Wednesday, January 13
- Aggregat [DE] (Dionysiac Production) 21:30-21:45 channel ESNS 03
- Keep Dancing Inc. (Un Plan simple) 21:45-22:00 channel ESNS 03
- Samba de la Muerte (Collectif Toujours / Ausblick) 21:55-22:10 channel ESNS 02
- Silly Boy Blue (Allo Floride / Columbia / Warner Chappell) 22:05-22:20 channel ESNS 01
- David Walters (Premier Jour / Heavenly Sweetness) 22:35-22:50 channel ESNS 01
(artiste présenté par Radio France / FIP)
Thursday, January 14
- Ladaniva [AM] (Dionysiac Production) 20:15-20:30 channel ESNS 01
- Sofiane Pamart (Beyeah / 88 Touches / [PIAS]) 20:30-20:45 channel ESNS 01
- James BKS (HTD Live / Grown Kid) 22:45-23:00 channel ESNS 01
Friday, January 15
- Lous & the Yakuza (Asterios / Columbia – Sony Music Fr.) 20:45-21:00 channel ESNS 01
- YellowStraps [BE] (Bleu Citron) 21:30-21:45 channel ESNS 03
- Slift (Jerkov Musiques / Vicious Circle) 22:15-22:30 channel ESNS 02
- Neue Grafik Ensemble [UK] (Giant Steps) 22:45-23:00 channel ESNS 03
- CloZee (Alter K) 22:55-23:10 channel ESNS 01
Since September the public have been able to vote for the eight European artists that will receive awards on January 15 at 20:00 CET at the MMETA ceremony, hosted by Melanie C. in the digital venue Nite Hotel. This European Union Prize for popular and contemporary music celebrates emerging artists who represent the European sound of today and tomorrow. This year, two of the 16 nominees are made in France:
- Crystal Murray (Because Music / Corida) – representing France
- Lous & The Yakuza (Columbia – Sony Music France) – representing Belgium
Panels and networking
Panels, keynotes and networking will take place on the festival platform from January 13 to 16 in the morning and the afternoon, before the evening showcases.
European Music Exporters Exchange, a network of 28 European export offices, will present a panel about the Scandinavian markets on January 13 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm CET.
EMEE presents: Entering Scandinavia in a Post-Crisis World
With a special focus on Scandinavia, this panel will look into market entry questions and more specifically the role of digital channels in finding a way to audiences in COVID-19 times. The Scandinavian region has the highest digital consumption in the world, but what are the key lessons about building a digital audience? And could this also be a solution for artists from elsewhere in Europe?
Jesper Thorsson – Music Export Sweden
Thomas Rhode – Music Export Denmark
Kathrine Synnes Finnskog – Music Export Norway
Présenté par Virgo Sillamaa – EMEE Coordinator
Don’t miss neither on Wednesday 13 from 11:00 to 12:00 am CET the panel “Music Moves Europe – EU Support to Music” in which will participate Céline Lepage (General Delegate of FELIN, the French federation supporting independent music labels, and Administrator of Born Bad Records) together with the other speakers Virgo Sillamaa, Susanne Hollmann, Inna Garkova, Jose Zagazeta, Klaartje Bult, Naaz, Zsolt Zsokola and Fabien Miclet (moderator).
The CNM team will participate in ESNS, promoting the made in France artists and facilitating networking for their professional entourage.
Contacts at CNM