Asia | Asia In The Limelight #2 : Focus Jazz (15-17 October 2020)
As part of (From) Home Export Days, Le Bureau Export is hosting a series of online events – panels, networking sessions, showcases and more – aiming to connect international professionals and get us all ready for new horizons.
The second chapter of our series dedicated to Asia, “Asia in The Limelight”, is focusing this time on Jazz. On 15-17 October, high profile professionals from several parts of Asia (China, Japan and South Korea) are invited to connect with French professionals and Made-in-France artists.
In partnership with the Korean festival Jarasum Jazz and French festival Jazz Sous Les Pommiers, three Made-in-France artist showcases will be presented: Paul Jarret & Jim Black, Anne Paceo and Vincent Peirani. Recorded during Jazz Sous les Pommiers’ Weekend in September, these showcases will be broadcasted online as part of the 17th edition of the Jarasum Festival and presented by the talented South Korean singer Youn Sun Nah.
This jazz focus on Asian markets also includes a professional part composed of three market presentations, one panel and two speed meeting sessions.
The presentation of Asian professionals is available here.
Day 1: Thursday, October 15
9:30 am-10:30am (CEST): Market presentations (China, South Korea, Japan)
- Eric Zhao (Lawyer of copyright law in China, vice president of JZ Music, and part-time jazz musician)
- Jung Hun Lee (Seoul Music Week, Ulsan Jazz Festival, GloMMnet)
- Atsuko Yashima (ex-artistic director and producer at Tokyo Jazz Festival, ex-producer NHK Enterprises, Music For Tomorrow, independent working to promote International artists in Japan)
10:40 am-12:10am (CEST): one-to-one speed meetings between Asian professionals taking part to the market presentations and Le Bureau Export’s members (by registration)
Day 2: Friday, October 16
9:30 am-10:45am (CEST): Panel “How to (e) connect with Asia?”
Moderator: Eric Zhao (Lawyer of copyright law in China, vice president of JZ Music, and part-time jazz musician)
- Jae Jin In – Jarasum Jazz Festival (South Korea)
- Shinji Kitagawa – Tokyo Jazz Festival (Japan)
- Andy Yan – Lezi Entertainment (China)
11 am-12:30am (CEST): one-to-one speed meetings between the panelists and Le Bureau Export’s members (by registration)
Day 3: Saturday, October 17
Made-in-France showcases will be broadcasted as part of the 17th edition of the Jarasum festival, on the dedicated Youtube channel, and presented by the talented South Korean singer Youn Sun Nah. The recordings of the concerts have been produced by Sombrero Productions as part of the Jazz Sous Les Pommiers Weekend.
- 12:10-12:40pm (CEST) : Paul Jarret & Jim Black (Collectif Pégazz et l’Hélicon) – concert produced by Adami
- 12:50-1:20pm (CEST) : Anne Paceo (Booking : GiantSteps)
- 1:30-2:10pm (CEST) : Vincent Peirani (Booking & Management : Molpé music)
You can find the previous episodes of (From) Home Export Days on our website, on the dedicated tab.
The event is organized by Le Bureau Export and Jarasum Jazz Festival, in collaboration with French festival Jazz Sous les Pommiers, the Embassy of France in Singapore, the French Institute in South Korea, the French Institute in Japan and the French Institute in China.