Africa | Benin International Musical on an 11-date Africa Tour
- Popular music
- Côte d'Ivoire
Benin International Musical – BIM has now begun its African Tour. The music collective will hit the roads for 11 dates.
Benin International Musical, a live experience
Benin International Musical also simply known as BIM is a music collective made of young Beninese artists. It puts together rock, hip hop and their vodoun origins. The collective is produced in France by label World Tour Records and booking companies Togezer Productions and Dérapage Prod. It has realised its debut album BIM #1 in 2018 and since then has received media attention: Rolling Stone Magazine, TV5 Monde, RFI, Jeune Afrique, NME…
In concert, BIM offers an whole experience described as a “contemporary ceremony”, which has already charmed audiences from 15 countries. For 2 years, the collective has toured the world performing over 70 dates – including a sold-out show at the iconic New York venue Carnegie Hall in October 2019, where they were invited by Grammy-Award-winner Beninese singer Angelique Kidjo.
To discover more about the collective, the documentary BIM Experience, released in 2019, gives insight from the backstages. BIM Experience is broadcasted worldwide on TV5 Monde.
In addition, BIM is supported by Radio France and European Broadcaster Union network.
BIM’s African tour will pass by:
- 03/10/20 : Africa Sound City – Cotonou – Bénin
- 03/14/20 : AF Accra – Ghana
- 03/21/20 : CCF Maputo – Mozambique
- 03/28/20 : IF Brazzaville – Congo
- 03/31/20 : Centre culturel Level – Lomé – Togo
- 04/03/20 : IF Libreville – Gabon
- 04/17/20 : IF Dakar – Sénégal
- 04/18/20 : IF Saint Louis – Sénégal
- 04/23/20 : IF Nouakchott – Mauritanie
- 04/25/20 : IF Abidjan – Côte d’Ivoire
- 04/29/20 : AF Nairobi – Kenya