World | Quatuor Diotima launched its season 2019-2020
The come-back of the Quatuor Diotima is marked with 3 recording sessions and an international tour.
Created in 1996 under the impulse of Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique de Paris’ award winners, the Quatuor Diotima is one of the most requested in the world. The group is made up of 4 musicians: Yun-Peng Zhao, Constance Ronzatti, Franck Chevalier and Pierre Morlet. The quartet worked with great names of the second half of the 20th century such as Pierre Boulez et Helmut Lachenmann. The Quator also orders or sparks off the creations of renowned contemporary composers Toshio Hosokawa, Miroslav Srnka, Alberto Posadas, Mauro Lanza, Gérard Pesson, Rebecca Saunders or even Tristan Murail.
With a rich discography, praised by international critics, the Quatuor Diotima launched, with its label Naïve, la Collection Diotima in 2016. The aim is to highlight the monographs of the significant composers of our time. The last album of the group, Bartók, intégrale des quatuors à cordes has been released in januaray 2019.
For their season 2019-2020 honouring Beethoven, the quartet has planned 3 recording sessions from 16 to 24 September and a major world tour until July 2020.
The upcoming dates of Quatuor Diotima tour:
- 09/28-29/2019 : Festival Música sur – Motril (ES)
- 10/02/2019 : Philharmonie – Berlin (DE)
- 10/08/2019 : Muziekgebouw – Eindhoven (NL)
- 10/10/2019 : Privatmusikverein – Nüremberg (DE)
- 10/15/2019 : Liederhalle Mozartsaal – Stuttgart (DE)
- 10/20/2019 : Festival Transit – Louvain (BE)
- 10/24/2019 : Sound Festival – Aberdeen (UK)
- 10/27/2019 : Musiktage – Cassel (DE)
- 11/01/2019 : Copenhague (DK)
- 11/04/2019 : Philharmonie, Cologne (DE)
- 11/17/2019 : Wien Modern, Vienne (AT)
- 11/24/2019 : Nijmegen (NL)
- 11/30/2019 : Konserthuset, Stockholm (SE)