World | Belcea Quartet travels in Europe and Asia
Alpha Classics has reissued the complete quartet of Beethoven interpreted by Belcea Quartet. The band is currently touring around the world.
Founded at the Royal College of Music in London in 1994, Belcea Quartet is composed of four musicians from different cultural backgrounds: Romanian violinist Corina Belcea, Polish violinist Krzysztof Chorzelski and two French musicians Axel Schacher (violin) and Antoine Lederlin (cello). They highlight their cultural diversity to create a free style and a unique musical language.
The quartet has an impressive discography. Over the years, they have recorded all the quartets of Britten and Bartók, but also the works of prestigious musicians, including Schubert, Brahms, Mozart, Debussy, Ravel and Dutilleux.
In 2012 and 2013, the band recorded all of Beethoven’s quartets at Benjamin Britten’s studio in Snape (UK). The album titled Beethoven: The Complete String Quartets has been critically acclaimed and recognised by the Gramophone Classical Music Awards. Recently, the French label Alpha Classics released a reissue of the album.
Belcea Quartet is currently touring overseas. The four musicians will bring their music to European countries and Asia.
Belcea Quartet’s world tour goes to:
- 08/27-28/2019 : Sala Koncertowa Filharmonii Narodowej – Warschau (PL)
- 09/19/2019 : Tongyeong Concert Hall – Tongyeong (KR)
- 09/20/2019 : Lotte Concert Hall – Seoul (KR)
- 09/21/2019 : Incheon Culture & Art Center – Incheon (KR)
- 09/22/2019 : National Concert Hall – Taipei (TW)
- 10/15/2019 : Stadthalle Reutligen im Bürgerpark (DE)
- 10/18/2019 : Max-Reger-Halle – Weiden (DE)
- 10/19/2019 : Schloss Neubeuern (DE)
- 11/14/2019 : Assembly Rooms – Bath (UK)
- 11/19/2019 : Octogone – Pully (CH)
- 11/20/2019 : Konzerthaus, Mozartsaal – Wien (AT)
- 11/22/2019 : Hamburg Laeiszhalle, Kleiner Saal (DE)
- 11/24/2019 : Theatre Gare du Nord – Basel (CH)
- 12/13-15/2019 : Pierre Boulez Saal – Berlin (DE)
- 12/18-20/2019 : Wigmore Hall – London (UK)