World | Ozma launches a web series to look back at its 2018 tour
- South America
- Equatorial Guinea
After a major world tour of more than 50 dates in 2018, jazz band Ozma releases a web series recollecing that musical journey. A new album is set to be released in early 2020.
The explosive jazz quintet from Strasbourg, Ozma has been on the rise in 2018. The formation has performed 56 dates in 13 countries, in Europe, Africa and Asia ; thus they ending up at the 3rd place in the 2018 “Jazz and Improvised Music” live list of Le Bureau Export.
This year, the band recorded a new album titled Hyperlapse at Studio Downtown in Strasbourg. It will be released on label Cristal Records in early 2020.
The web series High, Far & Loud
After its world tour in 2018, Ozma celebrates that great musical journey with a web series entitled High, Far & Loud. The web series shows interesting anecdotes and hard times the band overcame. It transports the viewer to the beautiful landscapes of the countries Ozma has been through.
The first season is made up of 18 episodes of 3-4 minutes each and focuses on the European and African parts of the tour. A second season is planned to look back at their tour throughout Asia.
The web series is broadcasted on the band’s Youtube chanel. The first two épisodes are already available.
Ozma’s upcoming dates:
- 10/04/2019 : Asujazz Festival – Asunción (PY)
- 10/06/2019 : Morro Dona Marta (TBC) – Rio De Janeiro (BR)
- 10/08/2019 : Fundaciao Progresso – Rio De Janeiro (BR)
- 10/09/2019 : Secs Jundiai – Jundiaí (BR)
- 10/10/2019 : Secs Guarulhos – Guarulhos (BR)
- 10/13/2019 : Sesc Pompeia – São Paulo (BR)
- 11/08/2019 : Theatre The Three Ages – Malabo (GQ)
- 11/09/2019 : Theatre The Three Ages – Malabo (GQ)
- 11/12/2019 : Theatre The Three Ages – Malabo (GQ)