World | Lucibela goes on tour in Europe and in North America
The Cape Verdean artist Lucibela is going on a world tour in Europe and in North America. The tour support the release of the bonus version of her debut album in June.
Lucibela started singing at a very young age, as she was listening to the radio. During her last year in senior high school, Lucibela made her debut on stage performin a Cesaria Evora’s song – stepping her way into the “barefoot diva” path. Following this experience, she then becomes a member of the band Mindel Son. After the passing-away of her mother, Lucibela begun to perform in hotels with musicians to make a living and to develop her career as an artist. These experiences enabled her to work on her vocal technique, the Cape Verdean repertoire and her seduction skills on stage. Her first professional concert took place in Lisbon in 2016. A year later, she has been noticed by music professionals at the Atlantic Music Expo in 2017. In October 2018, she performed a showcase at WOMEX in Spain.
In her work, Lucibela always sheds light on traditional music genres, such as the morna and the coladeira. She endeavours to pursue Cesaria Evora’s work, while bringing in her own style.
In 2018, she released her debut album Laço Umbilical, followed by a bonus version released in June 2019 on record label Lusafrica. From July 2019, the Cape Verdean singer will perform her songs live and meet her fans on more than 20 concerts in Europe and on the other side of the Atlantic.
Following 3 concerts in the Netherlands and in Spain, Lucibela’s upcoming performances are:
- 26/07/2019 : FMM Sines – Sines (PT)
- 28/07/2019 : Festival Glatt & Verkehrt – Krems (AT)
- 31/07/2019 : Caixa Forum – Barcelona (ES)
- 07/08/2019 : Festival des Traditions du Monde – Sherbrooke (CA)
- 08/08/2019 : Festival International des Rythmes du Monde (CA)
- 10/08/2019 : Festival Musique du Bout du Monde – Gaspe (CA)
- 11/08/2019 : Festival Acadien de Caraquet – Caraquet (CA)
- 13/08/2019 : Maison de la Culture – Montreal (CA)
- 15/08/2019 : Maison de la Culture – Montreal (CA)
- 12/09/2019 : Mineapolis – Dakota (US)
- 13/09/2019 : Madison World Music Festival – Madison (US)
- 14/09/2019 : Chicago World Music Festival – Chicago (US)
- 15/09/2019 : Global Arts Live, City Winery – Boston (US)
- 17/09/2019 : Merkin Concert Hall, World Music Institute – New York (US)
- 19/09/2019 : Western New Mexico University – Silver City (US)
- 20/09/2019 : Globalquerque Festival – Albuquerque (US)
- 21/09/2019 : Musical Instruments Museum – Phoenix (US)
- 22/09/2019 : Center For World Music – San Diego (US)
- 23/09/2019 : The Royal Room – Seattle (US)
- 26/09/2019 : Zebulon – Los Angeles (US)
- 27/09/2019 : Stanford University, Bing studio – Palo Alto (US)
- 28/09/2019 : Freight & Salvage Festival – Berkeley (US)
- 29/09/2019 : Kennedy Center – Washington (US)
- 30/09/2019 : NPR-Music Tini Desk Promotion – Washington (US)